Taking our responsibility to the environment seriously
Sefiani believes our natural environment is a shared resource, for which each individual and enterprise must take some responsibility.
In this vein, we have taken specific steps to manage Sefiani’s own environmental footprint. After measuring our carbon footprint and isolating the primary sources of our emissions, we have moved to abate and offset these by:
- Purchasing 50% of our energy supply from renewable sources
- Utilising motorcycle and bicycle couriers over cars wherever possible
- Ensuring computers are switched off at night, and lights and electrical appliances are switched off when not in use
- Using energy-efficient light globes and systems throughout our office
- Purchasing green office products where these are available.
To reduce paper consumption we print double-sided or work in a paperless way wherever possible. We purchase recycled paper, and recycle as much paper-based material as possible.